Catch Me If You Can

on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Alright, first some house cleaning items:
- Kaptain Robbie Knievel made his death-defying jump.  It was actually pretty amazing to see in person.
- We survived Mexico and had an absolute blast!  We went on a Jeep excursion, parasailing, deep-sea fishing, and a lot of relaxation.  You can check out Randy's Facebook page for pictures.  It was an amazing vacation and I loved every minute of it.


So, for a Birthday/CPA present, my dad gave me a NASCAR Racing Experience.  What does that mean?   Well, I got to spend 8 minutes (I think it ended up being 10 laps or so with pit-road and what-not) on the track at Texas Motor Speedway in an actual NASCAR stock car by myself.  I wasn't a passenger, there wasn't a co-driver, there wasn't a remote-control, and there wasn't a pace car.  It was just me and a spotter giving me directions.  The car did have a governor that was supposedly set to 150mph, but my fastest lap turned out to be around 153mph.  You can check out a short video of the experience, HERE.  Overall, the experience was amazing and it makes me want to race even that much more.  You think I'm competitive in card games, get me behind the wheel.

For the fourth of July, Randy and I went up to St. Louis.  We stayed with a couple of friends, Jason and Caroline Green.  We went to a couple of Cardinals games, toured the Budweiser brewery, went to the Fair under the Arch, toured Busch stadium, went to Six Flags, and ate at a couple of cool restaurants.  Because it was the 4th of July, we caught a couple of firework shows, including one at the Arch that followed a John Legend concert.  It was pretty awesome and we had a blast.  It was a great trip. 

The only other thing I wanted to mention was that the Texas Rangers are having an amazing season.  Living in Arlington, about 10 minutes from the stadium, its hard not to be a fan.  I'm still a Cardinals fan, but the buzz around this Rangers team is infectious.  Its hard not to keep up with them when every game is on TV and thats all the sports-talk guys talk about.  We've gone to several games and will probably go to a few more.  In fact, I'm going to the Ranger/Yankee game tonight to watch Cliff Lee pitch.  Talk about exciting...

I've finished a few books and am in the middle of one right now.  I'll probably post about them in the next few weeks or so.  I will leave you with this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

/* Defaults