Raaaaaiiiiiiin

on Wednesday, May 6, 2009


Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Thanks for being a faithful follower(s) (but really just singular). Nothing much is really new...but I'll fill you in on what we've been up to the last month or so.

Randy has started singing in the choir at the church we're going to. She really enjoys it and seems to be meeting some good people. The three services in one day thing can be pretty tiresome, but she still enjoys it. ALSO, she got two jobs in the span of one week! She got a part-time job at Old Navy (or, the Nav as I will affectionately call it) for something to do this summer, AND a full-time job for the upcoming school year! This is really exciting because she has been stressing about getting a good job, or a job at all in these "trying economic times". Now, we relax and sleep well knowing there are no more interviews or job applications to fill out.

As for me, I continue to study for the CPA exam in my spare time. But, when I need a break (which is often) I have been working on our back porch/patio. Its fairly large and enclosed with large screen windows, but most of the screens have been torn out through the years. Its been on my to-do list for quite a while, and now its about that time. After a trip (or two) to Lowe's, I bought screening to re-screen all the windows, and wood to build a screen door. I couldn't just buy a screen door because the door opening was an odd size. Nevertheless, I am building one (see in-progress picture below) and, have no fear, it will have a doggie-door so Tom can let himself out to do his biz. We also got a new grill and have been putting it to good use. I'll update you on the screen door when its complete. The porch is going to be awesome when its done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

/* Defaults